Tips for packing your storage unit efficiently
- Visit your storage unit and plan how you are going to fill the unit before your planned move in day.
- Remember you want to place those items you will need to access more often at the front of your unit.
- If you plan on accessing your goods quite often, allow for a walking or moving space within the unit.
- Make sure you don’t place heavy items against the unit walls as this could cause costly damage to the unit.
- Utilise all of your storage space by packing as high as you can, especially those items not needed for some time.
- Don’t pack your boxes too heavy. This makes moving them difficult and can cause back injuries.
- Place all the heavy boxes on the floor and add the lighter ones upwards from there.
- Pack your boxes evenly so they will stack well without caving in and causing damage to other items.
- Disassemble the furniture that will come apart, this makes it much easier to put into your unit. Taking less space.
- Items like tables that will not come apart, place some protection on the floor and put the table face down on top of this.
- Be sure to cover your furniture with dust covers. Plastic dust covers are available from the Box Shop or you can use blankets or sheets as dust covers.
- The Box Shop also carries boxes specifically designed for storing flat Screen TVs, pictures and mirrors. These should all be marked with a large FRAGILE.
- Finally don’t forget to empty petrol from any machinery, do not store anything flamable like paint thinner, solvents, paint, petrol etc.
- Do not store food stuffs or perishable goods.
- Don’t forget to make sure your BBQ gas bottle is empty and the BBQ is cleaned.
East Rockingham 9527 7711
Rockingham 9527 2655
Mandurah 9581 6073
Albany 9842 8788