Tips for packing your storage unit efficiently
- Visit your storage unit and plan how you are going to fill the unit before your planned move in day.
- Remember you want to place those items you will need to access more often at the front of your unit.
- If you plan on accessing your goods quite often, allow for a walking or moving space within the unit.
- Make sure you don’t place heavy items against the unit walls as this could cause costly damage to the unit.
- Utilise all of your storage space by packing as high as you can, especially those items not needed for some time.
- Don’t pack your boxes too heavy. This makes moving them difficult and can cause back injuries.
- Place all the heavy boxes on the floor and add the lighter ones upwards from there.
- Pack your boxes evenly so they will stack well without caving in and causing damage to other items.
- Disassemble the furniture that will come apart, this makes it much easier to put into your unit. Taking less space.
- Items like tables that will not come apart, place some protection on the floor and put the table face down on top of this.
- Be sure to cover your furniture with dust covers. Plastic dust covers are available from the Box Shop or you can use blankets or sheets as dust covers.
- The Box Shop also carries boxes specifically designed for storing flat Screen TVs, pictures and mirrors. These should all be marked with a large FRAGILE.
- Finally don’t forget to empty petrol from any machinery, do not store anything flamable like paint thinner, solvents, paint, petrol etc.
- Do not store food stuffs or perishable goods.
- Don’t forget to make sure your BBQ gas bottle is empty and the BBQ is cleaned.
East Rockingham 08 9527 7711
Rockingham 08 9527 2655
Mandurah 08 9581 6073
Albany 08 9842 8788