Follow this Lock ‘n’ Store check list for a smooth move.
The countdown to moving day begins…
6 weeks before
- Are you using a moving company? If so, book it now.
- Compile a list of your possessions for insurance and packing purposes.
- Inform family and friends of your new address.
- Notify all relevant agencies that mail needs to be re-directed to your new address. Here are some standards to consider: Post office, Electoral Office, Bank, Sporting clubs, School, Superannuation funds, Insurance company, Doctors and dentists, Vet
4 weeks before
- Have the phone connected at your new address.
- Keep the line open at your current address.
- Ensure gas, water and electrics are connected at your new house.
3 weeks before
- Contact Lock ‘n’ Store Self Storage to purchase your packing supplies.
- Book a storage unit or arrange for a Portable Storage Unit to be delivered.
2 weeks before
- Start packing!
- Pack the least essential items first.
- Cancel newspapers and any deliveries still coming to your home.
- Defrost your freezer and plan to eat or dispose of the food in your fridge by the week’s end.
- Disconnect your telephone.
- Finish packing…
- If you haven’t completed your packing in time, take your excess items to Lock ‘n’ Store Self Storage or arrange for us to pick them up in your Portable Storage Unit.
- Check every room twice before you leave.
- Using your list of possessions, check off every item as it is unloaded from the truck.